Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF-E is advertising for the following position
· Essential secondary education and formal technical training
· Mandatory strong IT background
· At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
· Essential Arabic and English written and spoken
· Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Sana’a Capital – republic of Yemen
Until the end of the year of 2021 with possibility of extension
Salary: Based on the organization scale
Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
· Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
· Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
· Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
· Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
· Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
· Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
· Collaborates with Deputy LogCo in the implementation of the applied security rules and to ensure that the standard safety measures are applied both in the premises and vehicles
· Collaborates with the Deputy LogCo in the follow-up of the security context in the area and to report such as soon as possible
· Supervises the drivers, head of watchmen and radio operator, does the roster, organizes leaves, backups and any other administrative issues and does constant briefing with all of them about movement protocols, security rules and MSF principles
· Supervises the mechanic as part of his/her team, ensuring that vehicles, generators, and other motorized equipment and tools are always in good running condition
· Ensures a proper maintenance, evaluates, plans and organizes possible rehabilitation works needed within the compound, office and other facilities
· Ensures proper planning and follow-up for the preventive maintenances of the cars and the generators in the capital and to collaborate with the mechanic
· Ensures the proper maintenance, functioning and use of all communication equipment, including telephone, Satellite phones and tracking devices in collaboration with the Logistic Specialist (IT), this includes also electrical installations of the premises in the capital
· Ensures that there is enough supply of fuel for generators including security stocks
· Ensures enough supply of water to MSF premises – Guesthouse and Office in terms of quantity and quality
· Carries out other tasks at the request of the Deputy Logco in the support of the logistics in the capital
How to Apply
· All interested applicants should submit ato the email:
· for the submission of applications is
· Only will be contacted!
· Please note that applications CV, cover letter, copy of the ID-card and/or the diploma will NOT BE CONSIDERED.