The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Taiz, Turrba
Administrative Assistant 1 provides secretarial and/or administrative support for the Finance and Administration department.
· Updates and retrieves data in/from specialized tools and databases.
· Creates and maintains paper or electronic files up-to-date.
· Follow-up on specific processes.
· Drafts and finalizes correspondence, bordereaux, internal presentations, meeting minutes and other documents; shares information among users.
· Updates the timeline, tables and charts, schedule and other tools and ensures invoices are followed up on.
· Prepares for meetings by setting up rooms and materials, including technical set-up for conference calls, presentations and video conferences.
· Carries out secretarial tasks such as making photocopies, destroying documents and managing stationary stocks.
· Applies information-management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
· Will take up the role of the cashier in the sub-structure, in accordance with ICRC cash-office management and modalities of work.
· May be called upon to manage petty cash of up to the equivalent of CHF 3'000 per month as per ICRC accounting/safety procedures.
· Internally, interacts with staff within the delegation or headquarters.
· Externally, interacts with commercial providers.
· High school diploma or equivalent training.
· Excellent command of Englis,other languages an asset.
· Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
· Two years' experience in a secretarial, clerical, administrative and/or cashier position.
· People management
· Teamwork and collaboration
· Representing the ICRC
· Beneficiary- and client-focused
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send the following:
· A letter of motivation in English
· A detailed C.V. in English
· Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
· Only short listed will be contacted
Please send your applications by email to:
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Deadline to send your application: