The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
Multi-sector, life-saving interventions during acute or protracted crisis within the areas of Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM), emergency shelter and non-food items, camp management, general food distribution (cash and in-kind), and multi-purpose cash assistance covering all stages of project cycle management, from programme design to implementation and monitoring and evaluation. Including also emergency preparedness activities. Emergency programs also emphasizes on the integration with other DRC programs, including protection, WASH and CCCM, for strengthening programme impact within an area of operation.
Although it might be requested to support on other emergency activities on an ad-hoc basis, this position’s main focus will be supporting DRC general food distribution program funded by WFP across Sa’ada governorate.
· Supervise members of the emergency team in the area of implementation
· Deliver technical support and guidance to team
· Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of emergency activities being implemented by DRC emergency team and other programs, where needed and relevant
· Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
· Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
· Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities
· Ensure daily monitoring of area
· Asses the daily quality
· Provide technical support and inputs, including capacity building to members of the team
· Ensure efficient planning of program activities to meet the program targets and implementation timeline
· Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
· Ensure compliance to DRC and donor requirements and procedures at all times during implementation
· Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
· Lead the team in carrying out assessments
· Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
· Represent DRC emergency team with relevant stakeholders including authorities, community leaders and government institutions, in close cooperation with DRC Base Manager
· Ensure coordination with other humanitarian actors operating in the area
· Represent DRC at humanitarian meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
· Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
· In close collaboration with the Base Manager and Emergency Manager, develop project plans and budgets for funding
· In close collaboration with the Emergency Specialist, develop projects tools
· Responsible for project implementation and internal and donor reporting
· In close collaboration with MEAl team, monitor and evaluate projects and take corrective actions, if needed
· Responsible for ensuring the team’s compliance to DRC safety procedures and guidelines as established by DRC Safety team, Base Manager and Area Manager
· Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
· Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
· Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
· Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with all relevant stakeholders
· Ensure accurate financial and stock reconciliations after cash or in-kind distributions
· Support MEAL team with timely data reconciliation of assistance delivered against planned targets
· Ensure that all needed beneficiary information are accurately collected and reported through established mechanisms
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· : Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
· Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
· Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
· Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
· Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
· Experience in administrative tasks
· Excellent IT skills
· Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
· English proficiency
· Fluency in local language
· Bachelor Degree or Diploma or closely related Degree.
· English – basic
· Arabic – fluent
· Base manager
· Country Emergency Manager
· Local authorities
· Community leaders & representatives
· DRC teams
· Field level humanitarian staff
Contract length: DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National. This position will be placed at level
How to Apply
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below.
Closing date for applications:
Due to the urgency of this recruitment, interviews will be done on a rolling basis; and a candidate may be identified even before the closing date.