The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with DRC warehouse standards and established guidelines.
Under responsibility of the GFD Team Leader and the direct supervision of Livelihood Assistant who is in charge of the warehouse, the Store Keeper will perform the following tasks:
· Adhere to DRC stock management procedures (records, filing, and identification), and ensure all documentation of receipt, issuance, and dispatch of goods are maintained properly as per DRC warehousing policies and guidelines.
· Manage all stocks of (projects, office and general supplies).
· Ensure proper identification of all received/issued goods (quantity, quality, and delivery), and update the Warehouse Register Book regularly for every receipt or issuance of goods without any delay.
· Ensure correct preparation of deliveries.
· Adhere to DRC physical stock management requirements (organization, cleaning, ventilation).
· Follow-up with special attention on expiry date of stock especially for food items, and notify the concerned department at least two months before expiry date.
· Conduct weekly physical inventory of stocks and ensure that Bin/ stock cards created, updated, and are accurate.
· Compile monthly inventory/stock report for Log Base.
· To ensure safekeeping both as to quality and quantity of materials.
· Assist in equipment and stock inventory when needed.
· Any other tasks assigned by GFD Team Leader or Manager
· College Diploma or certificate in Logistics, Warehouse management or general administrative activities
· At least six (6) months experience in the field of logistics and warehousing, preferably with International Non-governmental organization
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Experience with computers - Microsoft Word and Excel plus email
· Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities
· Good written and spoken English.
· Ability to keep clear and concise records.
· Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient
· Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
· You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· : You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· : You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· : You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· : You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract ends in , renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (.
How to Apply
Applications close on . The interviews are expected to take place