Education Cluster Officer (Aden)
The Education Cluster Officer will work closely with Education Cluster Coordinator and IMO to strength cluster approach and physical present in all governorates under Aden Hub. He/She will conduct regular visit to the governorates to meet active NGOs, Education authorities, observe partner interventions and identify needs from the ground. He/She also will support CC in presenting cluster in different meetings, preparing the different requirements from OCHA, National & GEC and other stockholders.
Education Cluster Coordinator (Aden)
based on SCI policy.
· Conduct regular travel missions to the governorates under Aden Hub to strength cluster present on the ground.
· Organize meetings with Education authorities and active NGOs to introduce Cluster approach and engage them in its activities.
· Conduct felid visits to observe partners’ interventions and suggest corrections when needed.
· Identify needs, analyse the situation and make efforts to advocate through partners to response to them.
· Provide schools affected by mines risk list to OCHA and UNDP and followed up their response to update list based on that.
· Active participation in other Clusters/ Working group meetings and present Education Cluster inputs.
· Support CC in coordination, preparation, facilitation and reporting capacity-building activities.
· Prepare and follow PRs, GRN, and other Logistic and finance required demounts that related to cluster activities.
· Track all capacity building sessions attendance sheet and analyses the participants based on gender and type of NGOs.
· Inter and update all cluster expense in budget trucker, ensure if it is reflected in GL in coordination with education related staff in SCI.
· Preparing monthly and regular reports, which reflect achievements against plans.
· Keep well-organized, updated and easy access soft archive for all documents.
· Supporting CC in preparing, reviewing, updating contingency, response, recovery planning and strategy development.
· Coordinate, support and follow up need assessments activities leaded by cluster.
· Support CC in HNO, HRP, YHF and other regular/annual exercise as required from National or GEC.
· Provide the required Support to Cluster Focal points in governorates as needed.
· Keep strong, wide and updated knowledge about education and context situation and partner’s interventions in the country.
· Participate and present Aden Hub Education Cluster in national and global capacity building sessions/meeting.
· Print attendance sheet before each cluster meeting and make sure it is recorded and subsequently collected at the end of the meeting; and share it with IMO.
· Ensure attendance sheets for all meetings/sessions is scanned, and keep them organized, updated and easy to reach.
· Chair and Co- Chair cluster working groups meetings under Aden Hub.
· Highlighting the archived/ongoing activities, gaps and needs under the Aden Area of Responsibility.
· Write MoM for cluster monthly meetings in both Arabic and English.
· Regularly update the contact information of all cluster members and relevant actors using the approved template from Cluster Coordinator (CC) and share updates with IMO.
· Support Imo when needed to response for new Membership from NGOs that are interested in joining cluster, reviewing and evaluating requests based on approved template and share results with CC.
· Provide suggesting which support smart and easy management regarding to membership information.
· University Certification in Education, Humanitarian, IT or Computer Engineering.
· At least two -years previous experience in Education in emergencies.
· Advance skills in dealing with Microsoft Office.
· Good English skills - verbal
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at . You can apply .
Deadline for submitting applications: