: Data Entry Officer H&N
: Reporting officer, Health supervisor and Project Manager
: Based in Aden, with travel to field
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Since 2015, INTERSOS has been implementing health programs (with integration of nutrition) in Yemen, in partnerships with the MOPHP, supporting partially and non-functional health facilities, by payment of incentives for health workers and community volunteers, providing inputs such as drugs, medical and lab equipment and consumables and cover standard running cost for the facilities. INTERSOS also supports maintenance and rehabilitation/upgrading of health facilities. Next to support for primary health care services, INTERSOS ensures also attention for Secondary Health care to guarantee functioning referral services. Overall INTERSOS works as much as possible and supports the WHO/MOPHP endorsed minimum service package (MSP). INTERSOS also runs mobile clinics teams to improve access to health and nutrition services for IDPs and host communities; mostly covering hard to reach-areas, communities in the 3 level of the catchment area of the health facilities, and IDP concentration areas. In 2021, health and nutrition programs continue for Hajja (7 HFs & 1 MCT), Ibb (11 HFs), Lahj (10 HFs and 1 MCT), Aden (2 MCTs) and Abyan (3 HFs and 2 MCTs). Protection mainstreaming is the backbone of INTERSOS’ programming globally. INTERSOS enhances the capacity of the health staff and CHVs on the integration of protection principles in their day-to-day work, a series of training is rolled out in order to enhance safety, dignity and meaningful access to the services and also ensuring the quick, proper and confidential referral of survivors and persons at risk.
INTERSOS is an active member of the Health and Nutrition cluster at national and hub level, and INTERSOS health officer is co-focal point for the Health cluster in Hadramout hub.
· Collate and managed health and nutrition specific databases professionally: data collection, insertion and storage received from the health facilities staff and CHVs.
· Conduct field visits to review data against the registation forms (spot check), correct any incompatibilities if possible and check the output.
· Support the Project Manager, Health Supervisor and Reporting officer with data, statistics and graphics produced, for the preparation of reports, trend analysis and matrixes.
· Update on a weekly basis the internal databases for all the activities and share it with Reporting Officer/Health supervisor.
· Support reporting officer for conducting monthly beneficiary satisfaction surveys on a random sample of patients visiting the Health facilities location through FGDs in order to collect feedback on the services delivered, using approved and standardized format for H&N service delivery service satisfaction surveying.
· Translate any documents related to the activity implementation
· Attend meetings and training related to H&N information data management
· Accomplish any other duties assigned by the project manager
· Treat all data with utmost confidentiality;
Overall, these tasks require:
· Adherence to Humanitarian principles (Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity)
· Clear & timely communications to line management
· Ensure full confidentiality of the received information
· Education: BA diploma level successfully achieved
· Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel
· At least 1 year of relevant work experience, with data entry related tasks
· Work experience with data related to health or nutrition projects will be an asset
· Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
· Knowledge of KOBO and ODK, or any other smart data collection tools will be as asset
· Good interpersonal skills
· Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
How to Apply
· Deadline for submission of application:
· Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
· How to send the application: by e-mail to (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)