The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, a6nd Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
Posted vacancy: Interpreter
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position Type: Full-time contract.
Position reporting to: Case Management Officer.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Postdate: Mar19th, 2023
Closing date: Mar25th, 2023
Number of Positions: 3
Nationality: 2 Somalia, 1 Ethiopian
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure translate and comprehensive interpreting during interviews, training sessions.
- Provide all support needed to ease a good understanding during such session and meetings
- Work in close link with any member of the organization that need to make a presentation
- Prepare all the interventions with relevant persons that may have to make a presentation
- Ease the communication between national and international staff in case of any misunderstanding related to the language
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Foster a professional team work environment by respecting the deadlines, keep a good communication and provide regular feedback
- Ensures accurate and timely translation of Required documents.
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues
- Commit to honest, quality work in the field
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Professional skills, university education,
- Minimum two years of interpreting experience, preferably with a humanitarian organization.
- Adequate Microsoft Office knowledge including Excel and Power Point.
- The applicant must be a refugee and his nationality is Somali.
- Fluent spoken and written Somali language.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: (Click Here) not later than, Mar25th, 2023.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.
- Any Candidate Provide incorrect information will be eliminated.