Position: WASH Assistant
Administrative supervisor: WASH Technical Officer
Technical Supervisor: N/A
Reference: 23 - 11
Duration: Till November 30, 2023, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
ADRA Yemen organization is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of adults at risks and children in the targeted
communities, as well as the welfare of all ADRA Yemen representatives. ADRA
Yemen expects the post holder to adhere to and share this commitment.
All necessary measures for safer recruitment would be required including thorough background checks.
The WASH Assistant will be responsible for assessing Health Care Facilities required for the rehabilitation and construction of WASH facilities and infrastructures and preparing all required designs and Bills of quantity and supervising its implementation, moreover, following up on all WASH activities in the healthcare facilities.
The “WASH Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assist WASH Technical Officer in developing a detailed bill of quantities (BOQ) and drawings for the construction/Rehabilitation works required.
- Supervise the construction/rehabilitation process, ensuring completion within timelines and in accordance with approved BOQs.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones and provide reports to the WASH Officer to proceed with contractors’ payments.
- Provide training to all relevant beneficiaries (Communities committees, daily laborer’s, and beneficiaries) to ensure the safe and appropriate use of the facilities installed.
- Support in data entry, documentation, and the preparation of documents.
- Documentation and raising progress reports on a weekly basis.
- Supervising the hygiene promotions supervisors and community volunteers to ensure the implementation of the project activities perfectly.
- Helping in a plan to ensure the implementation of hygiene promotion activities and NFIs distributions in the field perfectly
- Preparing and supervising volunteer working schedule and their work locations according to assigned tasks.
- Preparing and submitting weekly and monthly reports and collecting the hygiene promotion reports from the Community Volunteers
- Lead community mobilization and hygiene promotion aspect of specific WASH projects at the field level.
- Observe and report on new needs arising in the project target areas.
- Preparation of daily workers' working schedules according to assigned tasks.
- Helping in supervising the training of WUCs in conjugation with hygiene promotion assistance to ensure a high quality of training and all its relevance and subsequences.
- Monitor and report all community mobilization and hygiene promotion activities, successes stories, challenges, and lessons learn in the field and ensure there is compliance with plans.
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of Hygiene promotion in the field.
- Any other relevant tasks requested by the WASH Technical Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or any relevant qualification.
- Minimum one year of experience in WASH, preferably humanitarian NGOs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Respect time in relation to attendance work, meetings, deadlines, and other reasonable requests.
- English and Arabic Languages (Writing and speaking) are required.
- Proficiency in MS (Excel, word, power point etc.)
- Extremely flexible and can cope with a stressful environment.
- Reporting skills are required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- o Connected
- o Courageous
- o Compassionate
How to Apply
- The deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.