The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, a6nd Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
- Posted vacancy: Case Management Assistant
- Location: Sana'a
- Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
- Doner: UNHCR
- Position Type: Full-time contract.
- Position reporting to: Case Management Officer.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Postdate: Mar14th, 2023
- Closing date: Mar21st, 2023
- Number of Positions: 5
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide individual case management for heightened risk adult and ensure accurate documentation of case files based on CM steps of foster care arrangements for those in need in coordination with the refugee communities. related tools, and procedures, while provide ongoing support to them.
- Participate and receiving, screening, and counselling all identified persons at heightened risk in a safe and confidential environment. Most of the persons at heightened risk will be screened and assessed mainly through home visits. Providing the Persons at heightened risk with comprehensive and quality case management which includes close monitoring and follow up through regular home visits, counselling, psycho-social support, and referrals to and follow up with other services providers.
- Provide input for weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Directly communicate efficiently with other caseworkers to advocate, collaborate, and make referrals according to the comprehensive and quality case management.
- Regularly attend case management meetings and relevant case conferences at field level.
- In addition to the case management team, collaborate closely with other members of the Child Protection and education team, ensuring smooth coordination and referrals.
- Promptly report concerns or incidents to line supervisor and collaborate closely with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/improve the security environment for SDF programs.
- Actively engage in all capacity building opportunities including formal trainings and awareness sessions.
- Ensure accurate documentation and compilation of Case Management in accordance with case management.
- Ensure cases are receiving appropriate support; and when needed, support individual cases, and provide regular monitoring of all aspects of services.
- Ensure that all urgent cases are addressed immediately and shared with the direct line manager for possible intervention.
- Ensure the correct documentation and compilation of CM forms in accordance with all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Ensure clear and accessible archiving of the beneficiary files related to the referral mechanism.
- Ensure that the data registered in the files are safe and kept confidential.
- Any other related tasks assigned by line supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or related field with at least 1 years of practical experience in case management preferably with NGOs.
- Knowledge of referrals mechanisms.
- Knowledge of center-based approach and community-based approach
- Shown understanding of working with adults particularly vulnerable children.
- Personal qualities: team leader, flexible, strong social skills with children and caregivers, analytical skills, network-builder, able to balance pressure well and work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- English would be an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office software is essential (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and security awareness
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: (Click Here) not later than, Mar21st, 2023.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.
- Any Candidate Provide incorrect information will be eliminated.