Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit in MSF Pharmacy, Amran governorate for the following position:
Location: Amran Governorate – Khamer
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract (One year – Renewable)
Reporting to: Pharmacy Manager
In the frame of these activities he/she will:
- Define storage, stock management, and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity, and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material. This will be done according to MSF protocols, and national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinate the delivery, reception, and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervise orders of medical and drug material to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Ensure efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitor and analyse orders of depending pharmacies to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Report on drug consumption and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, to rationalize the budget and to ensure availability.
- Recording all items received and issued on the computer (Isystock).
- Carry out or participate in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Assist with some information to line manager and coordination team in preparation of international orders.
- Stock management inside the department
- Prepare orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring the packaging and proper dispatching. Reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the line manager. Also, inform the line manager as soon as stock reaches the alert limit.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established safety and hygiene standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Report all relevant information linked to the activity to his direct line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage equipment or medicines.
- Participate to relevant meetings.
- Participate with the pharma manager in the pharmacy monthly report.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Pharmacy education degree at least diploma.
- Experience: At least 1 year of certified work experience and previous experience with NGOs/MSF desirable.
- Languages: English language is an asset and local language
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
- Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
How to Apply
Deadline for application: 02 February 2023
All interested applicants should apply to the link below (with their gmail account):
Required documents: Cover Letter, CV, Graduation certificate, Valid Medical License and any recommendations from previous employers. Original documents and relevant work certificates will be asked for the successful applicant.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“MSF promotes the inclusion of women and people with disabilities.
MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.