Females are encouraged to apply for this position
Preliminary Job Information
- Job Title: Social Mobilizer
- Base Position: Aden Yemen
- Report to: Programme Officer
- Report +1: Head of Mission
- Duration of position: 6 months (with possible extension)
- Expected starting date: ASAP
Created in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) for emergency relief and development. Secours Islamique France acts in strict neutrality, without distinction of origin, gender or religion and is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest populations in the world.
Secours Islamique France is looking for a Social Mobilizer M / F for our Aden Field Office.
The Social Mobilizer is an operational part of the Programme management team, with the role to mobilize the communities for the implementation of the Food security, WaSH and Education activities in the target areas. In addition, the position holder will function as bridge between the programme management team and field to prepare, adjust or revise, organize plan for social mobilization and take a lead in implementation of the plan in close coordination with the Programme officer.
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Social Mobilizer will take lead in social mobilization activities in the target areas, applying established tools on community organizing, rapport-building and social mobilization of the programme in Aden, Yemen.
The main function of the position holder, not limited though, to assess the needs for the social mobilization, designing context and subject-based social mobilization plan for implementation, community mobilization and facilitating community dialogue and monitoring the effectiveness of the plan and establish effective beneficiary communication and feedback system to evaluate the performance of the activities. S/he will also ensure that activities have been implemented according to the standards and within the SIF programme framework.
TASK AND RESPOSIBLITIES
Specific responsibilities include:
- Map out targeted communities to identify volunteers, community leaders, leading NGOs and businesses, schools, health centers, youth centers and governmental institutions and other assets.
- Organize and mobilize communities, and other community based organizations (CBOs, e.g. mother groups, sanitation committees, etc) for the need identification in the area of WaSH, Food Security and Education.
- In consultation with village level stakeholders, design periodic social mobilization activity plan and update the plan to accommodate the change and need of the beneficiaries and ensure the quality implementation of the plan.
- Ensure that capacity development activities, awareness-raising activities, knowledge and information sharing, and formal capacity development activities, particularly in Social mobilization reach to target beneficiaries.
- Support the Programme officer in planning of social mobilization and training activities as applicable and needed per the operational context.
- Assist to conduct need based surveys and assessment as visualized in the programme such as social feasibility study, household surveys, PRA/RRA among others.
- Ensure each programme volunteers are working following the norms of organization, coach and mobilize them as per need.
- Promote and install sense of ownership among the beneficiaries through community engagement activities or design appropriate activities for the enhanced beneficiaries’ involvement.
- Coordinate and establish network for the social mobilization, when required and as deemed necessary, with other humanitarian actors operating in the same area.
- Mobilize targeted communities in the targeted governorates to engage them in an open dialogue of selection, prioritization and community needs assessment.
- Establish connection with communities and mobilize community members to engage in Food Security, WaSH and Education activities.
- Participate in the design of the community mobilization strategy and come up with a workable implementation plan.
- Assist in the design process of implementation and follow up of community initiatives.
- Assist in implementing the action plans identified and agreed by the communities according to the guidelines and schedules set by the communities’ engagement strategy.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings in each of the targeted communities
- Prepare written reports, short-hand notes in English documenting the intervention sessions and training conducted highlighting results achieved and challenges to overcome.
- Maintain and prepare photos and reports on all sessions, meetings and site visits.
- Maintain a good relationship with the community leadership.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Program Support Officer, Field Coordinator or HOM.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS / QUALIFICATION
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Social work, Social studies, or any relevant education background
- 2 years in a similar position in social mobilization, community organizing, rapport building within WASH, Food Security, Education in development and/or emergency context.
- Excellent verbal communication / facilitation skills with an ability to work with both community members as well as local authorities in a sensitive and respectful manner, and ensuring that all community members are represented.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the organization at the community level.
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion.
- Ability to access and analyze social dimension to adapt according to the context
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Application should be sent to the following email: email@example.com
- Application should contain only 2 documents in English only: a) Application letter b) An updated CV
- Please mention very clearly NO any certificate or copy of diplomas to be attached to the applications. We’ll request after reviewing the application if needed;
This position only for female