Job Posting: 13/Jan/2022
Closure Date: 27/Jan/2022, 5:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Yemen, the National Procurement Specialist and direct supervision of International Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day procurement operations and assistance in ensuring the implementation of appropriate procurement strategy in conformity with the relevant rules, procedures and practices of the Organization.
The Procurement Specialist develops and maintain processes on the tenders, Letter of Agreements, and other procurement functions, ensuring compliance with FAO norms and procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervise and manage the Procurement Unit in the FAO Representation in Yemen;
- Manage received consolidate procurement plan from program/operations and other internal requester. In addition, provide procurement milestones to requesters on their procurement actions;
- Identification of local dealers and potential suppliers of goods from local market applying MS 502 FAO procurement rules and regulations;
- Perform local/ International procurement process of goods from local suppliers applying MS 502 FAO rules and regulations; reviewing incoming PRs, preparing ITB, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with MS 502 FAO procurement rules and regulations; and assist in conducting the procurement activities in the field offices
- Manage and maintain local procurement supplier data base and update vendor list/information per item and process supplier call for expression for interest, evaluate suppliers ability and clearance to work with FAO,
- Solicit of low value procurement quotations, evaluating and issuing low value procurement orders;
- Communicate procurement awards decisions to successful and unsuccessful bidders after conclusion of a tender process;
- Conduct regular market survey from internet, global market, UNGM and up-date suppliers record when necessary;
- Receive and dispatch incoming and outgoing correspondence from procurement office;
- Following approvals of purchase requisitions and soft commitments from the users;
- Receive and review all invoices, register them and forward them to finance for payment. In cases, of quality issues coordinate with the technical team on how much liquidated damages to apply before forwarding invoices for payment. For delay in delivery decide how much liquidated damages to apply as per MS 502 rule and regulations.
- Participation in the organization of training for operations/projects staff on Procurement, synthesis of lessons learned and provision of relevant examples from the procurement practice;
- Maintain a proper and appropriate procurement filling system; of procurement registers for contracts, tenders, orders and requisitions system that ensures faster, systematic filing, faster retrieval of information, greater protection of information, and increased administrative stability, and continuity.
- Raise Purchase orders for goods and services for MS 502 and MS 507 LoA’s in the GRMS.
- Act as the secretary of LPC for both MS 502 and 507. Prepare all the documentation for presentation to this local procurement committee
- Conduct preliminary quality assurance for LoAs, by making sure that in the LoA file all the documentation are in order and properly completed and filed, before final quality assurances is conducted by the procurement officer;
- Obtain completed suppliers performance appraisal report from logistics after completion of a procurement transaction for filing;
- Liaise with Logistics Unit for timely preparation and obtaining of letters of import exemption and re-export, follow up on clearance of goods and shipments and ensure safe arrival of the consignments to the final destinations
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Education –Advance degree in Finance, Business Administration (or closely related field)
- Five years of relevant experience in administration, accounting or finance
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in procurement/supply chain and or/ business administration;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in procurement/supply chain management; Minimum CIPS- Level 3
- Fluency in English and Arabic Language
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to communicate clearly and to share knowledge and information;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Capacity to build effective relationships and partnership with team members and service providers;
- Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks in due time;
- Ability to be flexible in changing circumstances and to adapt the work approach in response to changes
- Ability to use Oracle software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Demonstrated experience to cooperate with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with excellent skills to work under pressure.
- Systematic, organised and well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency. Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
How to Apply
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile at this job link:
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT