UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Snr. Field Assistant
Job Opening (JO): 33028
Type of Contract: UNOPS Individual Contractor Agreement
Category & Level: LICA-5
Location: Aden, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 31 December 2022
Closing Date: 27 Jan. 2022
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Field Assistant is normally supervised by the Assistant Field Officer and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implemening Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Field Officer, the Snr. Field Assistant will be responsible for
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Excellent Computer skills
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and able to work under pressure
- Minimum 2 years of job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
- *IT- Computer Literacy
- MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
- CL-Multi-stakeholder Communications with Partners
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
Managerial Competencies: Not applicable.
Analytical Thinking Planning and Organizing Stakeholder Management
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
Candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only pre-selected candidates will be notified. Only online applications are accepted (applications sent by email will not be accepted). No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
This is only part of the Vacancy Notice. For more information about this Job Opening, eligibility criteria and procedures please follow this link (or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies). Please follow the below instructions on applications for External Applicants.
How to Apply
Submission of applications (External Applicants)
- Interested candidates should submit their applications for this Job Opening online.
- The Applicants will need to follow this link or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies
- The Applicants will need to search for the Job Opening by using the available filters (e.g. Compendium Exercise: Local Vacancies; Country: Yemen) or with its number (33028).
- Once the Job Opening is selected, the Applicants will be directed to the Job Description page in the online application process.
- Applicants must “Sign in” or “Register” and then “Sign in”, in order to apply. They must click on “New User” for the first time they apply as an external candidate.
- Applicants begin by clicking the “Apply” button, after which the page in the next image will open. The applicant must click on “Next” in order to move ahead in the application process.
- Applicants must agree to the terms, before reaching the Letter of Interest page of the application. They must include a Letter of Interest and completed online application including personal, profile and qualifications information.
- In the “Additional Information” section all questions MUST be answered. Once all is completed, the applicant may click “Review/Submit” application. Here the candidate may preview their application and review it by section.
- By clicking on “Confirmation and Consent” the applicant will submit their application, and receive automatic notification by e-mail that the application has been submitted.
Applications submitted by email will not be accepted.