FIELD FOOD SECURITY ANALYST - HODEIDAH
Job Posting: 12/Jan/2022
Closure Date: 27/Jan/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Hodeidah
Duration: 6 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing, and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture, and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at the country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programs, and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries, and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources sustainably.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Yemen and the Chief Technical Advisor, Food Security and Nutrition Information (FSNIS), the Field Food Security Analyst reports to the Food Security Technical Officer and works in close collaboration with other project component leaders and relevant colleagues.
The Field Food Security Analyst supports the Field Food Security & Capacity Building Specialist in the implementation of project activities in their respective areas of coverage and acts as liaison with the Food Security Unit in the field providing required food security information and analysis in a timely fashion.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the Field Food Security & Capacity Building Specialist in the implementation of the FSNIS activities in the field office
- Support local level arrangements in implementation of project activities in respective field locations including organising local workshops
- Support capacity building activities in respective field locations in line with the project logframe and as per the guidance of the Field Food Security & Capacity Building Specialist
- Participate in meetings, working groups, and forums related to food security, nutrition and livelihoods in the respective field locations
- Support in LOA implementation in their area of coverage through, LOA drafting, monitoring, proper documentation, and timely reporting
- Actively engage and contribute to the preparation of required work plans, monitoring deliverables, and preparation of required reports and evaluation activities in respective field locations
- Support the Field Food Security & Capacity Building Specialist in facilitating the monthly FGD meetings for each governorate within their area of coverage
- Support in collection of relevant information related to food security, nutrition and livelihoods in respective field locations as per the guidance of the Food Security Specialist and Food Security Technical Officer
- Ensure relevant required data within their area of coverage is collected in the required format and is timely available
- Participate in the production of food security-related bulletins and other information products, such as quarterly briefs, website updates, monthly reports, and others as required.
- Perform any other related tasks as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, developmental studies and related field
- 5 years of hands-on work experience in food security, nutrition, and livelihoods activities
- Experience in developing database systems or working with databases and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in writing technical reports
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, advise and guide planning processes;
- Demonstrated capability to manage and coordinate the implementation of agricultural/rural development projects;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple agencies, effectively building an understanding and partnership with other UN bodies, NGOs, and governmental agencies;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report;
- Ability to lead, coordinate and work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to work anywhere in the country.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
How to Apply
FIELD FOOD SECURITY ANALYST - HODEIDAH (2200078)