VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and man-made disasters, and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation. MSF is currently recruiting for the following position based in Aden:
- Title: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
- Generic Function:
- Code: LS02800
- Level: 7 (E)
- Position in the Organization
- Reports to (Hierarchical): Deputy Logistics Coordinator_Tech
- Reports to (Functional): Logistics Specialist and Energy Specialist
- Job Family: Logistics and Supply
- Supervises (Function): Base Facility Officer – Aden, Movement Monitoring Officer – Aden, ICT Supervisor.
Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in specific activities and assuming some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure proper logistics management in the capital and providing support to logistic activities in the projects.
- Planning and supervising the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), to ensure the best operational working conditions in the capital.
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator and/or the Mission Supply Chain Manager in organizing the ordering and transport of goods to the different projects, to comply with their needs in terms of quality and timelines.
- Organizing and supervising the fleet of vehicles in the coordination base (driver's schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator with the checkup and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication.
- Ensuring repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps, and other technical equipment used or stocked in the capital and informing the Logistic Coordinator in case of any further needs concerning technical equipment, to have everything running adequately.
- Supporting the LogCo in planning and ensuring appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population.
- Informing the Logistics Coordinator in case of any major issue and drawing up all required reporting, to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Motivating and managing all staff under his/her supervision and ensuring objectives are set, appraisals are followed, coaching & training is in place, and disciplinary process done, in accordance with Yemen Mission HR Policy.
- Together with BFO and HoG, you are responsible for planning and monitoring annual leave of the Technical Logistics team in Aden.
- With support from Line and Functional Supervisors, you are responsible for the management of all Technical Logistics activities in Aden, ensuring they are in line with Yemen Mission standard policies.
- Responsible for working together with Aden Coordination Management Team while representing Technical Logistics team in enhancing communication and improving working relationships.
- Cover the gap of BFO and ICT Supervisor as per needs.
- On request based on operation needs, support in expos and emergencies in the mission.
- Overall responsible for ensuring all regular reports are completed on time and analyzed as per Logistics requirements.
- Follow other tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
- Education: Essential secondary education plus further training.
- Experience: Essential two years of previous experience in similar jobs. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries.
- Languages: Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
How to Apply
All applicants should submit:
- An application letter in English (explaining relevant experience and motivation).
- Copies of relevant Degrees.
- Recommendation letters.
- Copy of Yemeni National ID Card.
By email to: email@example.com
Applicants must put 'LOGISTICS COORDINATOR ASSISTANT' in the subject line.
Applications received missing any of the requested documents above will not be considered.
Closing date: 02 December 2023. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during the recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test.