We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child-safe organization by fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and improve their living standards of the child.
Position: Finance & Admin Assistant
Contract Length: 1 year
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools. The Field Finance Assistant (FFA) is responsible for daily financial operations of Save the Children International Yemen as per Save the Children International Yemen Country Office (SCI-Y CO) Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining good working relationships with staff and suppliers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist FFO in maintaining complete books of accounts, as per SCI-Y CO Finance Manual.
- Assist FFO in disbursement of bank & cash payments in line with valid Scheme of Delegation, SCI-Y Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Ensures that all payments should have complete authorisation of respective Budget Holder as per SCI-Y Scheme of Delegation.
- Assist Area Finance team during Internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorised third party review of financial records.
- Familiar with Award Management System (AMS) & utilize it to understand donor financial compliance requirements pertaining to cash & bank transactions.
- Assists FFO in submission of all Internal & external financial reports.
- Assist & ensure that petty cash is used only for authorised transactions.
- Assist & ensure that petty cash should be maintained within the authorised maximum / minimum limits & is top-up on regularly basis & also safety & security of petty cash.
- Assist & ensure that all petty cash is reconciled at all the times. Physical weekly & month end checking is done by non-finance staff. Any short/ overage of cash balances should be reported to FFO immediately.
- Ensure all cheques and cash payments are cancelled by affixation of PAID stamp.
- File all payment vouchers and financial documents appropriately and chronologically.
Assist & ensure that all financial data filing system in place and hard & scanned archiving of data is completed on regularly basis and archived data is maintained in a systematic / easily accessible
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Field Manager and Finance Manager.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, also ensures that any critical issues should be raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Assist in running the Admin store (Stationery, office supplies, cleaning materials, generators spare parts, furniture).
- Assist in preparing the monthly reports for the generators, maintenance and diesel consumption for Field Office and all Gust House
- Assist in preparing the day-to-day activities by providing office needs, supporting program staff.
- Assist in preparing the monthly reports on Rents, hotel booking, Admin store etc.
- Assist in preparing the monthly payment requests for vendors (rents, hotels, generator maintenance and others.
- Assist in following up on the daily office keepers’ work and needs.
- Assist in following up on the daily gardener’s work and needs.
- Assist in preparing the timesheets of office keepers and gardeners as well as their different kinds of leave.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Finance & Administration Officer
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous 1-2 years financial management experience with good numeracy skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Good written & oral English proficiency
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Good MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organisation and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Good communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Agresso finance system or any other automated financial system
- Experience of working for emergency responses.
How to Apply
To apply, Clivk on the below link: