Position: Project Manager
Administrative supervisor: Chief of Party
Duration: Till December 31, 2023, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
ADRA Yemen organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risks and children in the targeted communities, as well as the welfare of all ADRA Yemen representatives. ADRA Yemen expects the post holder to adhere to and share this commitment.
All necessary measures for safer recruitment would be required including thorough background checks.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for end-to-end management and implementation of the German portfolio of ADRA health programs. In close collaboration with the senior management, the PM will be responsible for leading programs and implementation. The PM will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects related to Health activities, including planning, organizing, leading staff, and developing Health portfolio. The PM ensures alignment with all policies and strategic plans of partners and governments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic direction and program implementation and management
- Participate in planning and adjusting the program design to ensure achievement of all the strategic objectives.
- Lead, supervise and manage the program team, providing a clear vision and strategic direction for the program implementation and management.
- Supervise and support the technical and key personnel of the program.
- Introduce innovative ideas and approaches to health issues where relevant and identify opportunities for synergy and inter-sectoral cooperation.
- Ensure effective program management, including budget oversight and monitoring of the program progress towards achieving results.
- Prepare annual work plan, procurement plan and budget according to donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant administrative and financial policies and procedures of donors. Ensure that annual work plan, and quarterly and annual reports are produced and delivered on time and in high-quality reports which meet donor and support agencies requirements.
- Ensure systematic and effective implementation of the program through extensive and regular field visits to accessible field offices, projects locations, and implementing corrective measures to keep the projects on the right track.
Networking and Partnerships:
- Participate and/or contribute to training, relevant conferences, workshops, and meetings that will enhance program representation and knowledge sharing.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with Government authorities/ministries and departments, UN agencies, and NGOs involved in the Supervised Portfolio, and actively participate in coordination meetings in the hub.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with other Health Cluster, MoHP, INGOs, NGOs, UN agencies operating in the hub.
Human Resource Management and Development:
- Actively participation in Hire, manage and provide guidance to all project staff to ensure that program targets are met.
- Provide leadership and make adjustments to the organogram as needed to ensure effective management and supervision.
- Create opportunities for staff development in coordination with Human Resources and ADRA Germany.
- Ensure appropriate training and capacity building activities for Supervised Portfolio program staff members, to support high quality program implementation at field sites.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Supervise and guide the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) to lead all project monitoring, evaluation, learning and dissemination efforts.
- Ensure good practice by supporting the development of strong MEAL mechanisms and identify gaps in the standards of delivery through a robust monitoring process.
- Ensure that the program monitoring tools and system are in place to ensure high quality implementation by partners.
- Identify and carry out operational research related to the portfolio and proper dissemination of results.
- Ensure project and other relevant data are used for decision-making to guide adjustment of projects activities or strategies for effective implementation
- Any other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree in any relevant field.
- Six years of experience in project management three of which must be in a leadership position.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian sectors, and excellent knowledge of programs’ life cycles.
- High skills in planning and delivering multiple activities of high quality within strict deadlines.
- Proven skills in team management, reporting, analytical skills and problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic language.
- To be able to work well under administrative and programmatic pressures, and to be flexible to adapt to changing requirements.
- Commitment to the ADRA’s mission, purpose, and values.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles, our key values:
How to Apply
The deadline for receiving applications is Saturday,
March 25, 2023
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Submit only one application per position.
Females are encouraged to apply.