Location: Based at the in Hajjah Office with
frequently travel visits to the targeted districts.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Start Date: April 2023
Contract Duration: 7 months Annual, based on funding
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; CCM; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment NFDHR implement a range of procedures and actions including Criminal Background Checks/ International vetting/Certificate of good conduct to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
NFDHR has zero tolerance on sexual exploitation and abuse. All employment offers are conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references and the signing our code of conduct, Safeguarding Policy with a particular focus on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding. This position will also be subject to robust reference and background screening checks.
NFDHR is committed to the highest standards of openness, probity and accountability, as outlined in it’s own internal Code of Conduct and through signing up to the Core Humanitarian Standards. The Code of Conduct requires trustees, officers and employees to observe high standards of business and personal ethics in the conduct of their duties and responsibilities. As employees and representatives of NFDHR, we must practice honesty and integrity in fulfilling our responsibilities and comply with all applicable laws, regulations and our Code of Conduct
The pharmacist will work under the guidance of the Health and Nutrition Program Manager. She/he will be responsible for Management and distribution of medicine to beneficiaries.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly consuming reports.
- Provide necessary information (dosage, usage, and distribution) about the prescribed drugs to patients/clients.
- Follow-up the HFs pharmacists’ performance.
- Support logistical and financial departments in providing necessary supportive documents in order to facilitate procurement and payments.
- Prepare and review the drugs & medicines reports.
- Keep the project’s medicines in the warehouses from any damage or tamper.
- Visit and supervise the pharmacists and solve their problems that may occur.
- Print and process all records, reports and prescriptions and deliver them to the targeted facilities.
- Prepare the payment requests according to the field needs.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Minimum three years professional experience with drug management systems
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link:
Candidate must rename CV (First & Surname + Position)
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview