Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeida, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Project Officer (WASH/Hygiene Promotion)
· Develop the strategy and budget for hygiene promotion activities.
· Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
· Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of hygiene promotion activities.
· Ensure the activities are implemented in adherence to ACTED hygiene promotion technical guidelines and donor requirements in specific projects.
· Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans at area level.
· Record targets and monitor behavioral changes on a regular basis
· At area level, take lead in conducting hygiene promotion related assessments including PDM, KAP etc. in coordination with the WASH team leader and M&E department.
· Team management and capacity building
· Explore and work with different groups to find effective hygiene promotion approaches including drama shows, radio, messaging and role plays etc.
· Support other teams’ activities when requested.
· Compile hygiene promotion data and share with relevant teams.
· Works with the WASH engineer to Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required by the WASH Officer.
· Manage hygiene promotion activities database at area level.
· Place, follow up and expedite documents of the projects supplies; verify the receipt of supplies
· Coordinate logistical arrangements/booking of meetings, workshops, trainings, visits and other events
· Timesheet collection of the casual and hygiene promotion workers staff along with verification, review of documentation
· Ensure compliance with AME administrative standards, policies, organizational procedures and relevant
· Type and prepare correspondence and letters both English and Arabic languages, sending faxes and scan.
· Archive, organize and maintain the program filing system based on the AME Filing System.
· Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
· Participates in WASH/Hygiene promotion coordination at governorate level and coordinates with all relevant hygiene promotion stakeholders.
· Coordinate with WASH Engineer to ensure that both hygiene promotion activities and hardware activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner.
· Coordination with relevant stakeholders on governorate level to ensure effective programming and implementation.
· Make all arrangements for weekly movement plans and raise monthly movement plan in coordination with all program sectors.
· Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
· Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
· A university degree, in health sector, medical institute community health or relevant field is required.
· Experience working within an international/local NGO is preferred.
· Understanding of the social, political and economic context of Al Dhalee.
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Work and Excel.
· Strong oral and written English skills.
· Ability to think independently and problem solve.
· Ability to interpret figures.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
How to Apply
· PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Project Officer and rename your CV as First & Last name + Project Officer.
· The closing date for applications is on
· Candidates from Aldhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Females candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.