Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeida, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Project Assistant (Hygiene Promotion)
· Manage the team of daily workers (Water trucking mobilizers, community volunteers and other related teams)
· Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
· Implement and hygiene promotion activities
· Assist and work closely with WASH team.
· Coordinate with project colleagues, notably community mobilisers, engineer teams and M&E
· Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by project officer
· Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by project officer
· Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project Hygiene promotion officer
· Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field.
· Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer
· Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer in hygiene kits and winterization kits site distribution
· Assist and facilitate awareness training and sessions (cholera training, hand washing day activities, disposal of solid wastes and excreta, drinking water benefits…etc.), and act professionally, participate in cleaning campaigns activities)
· Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the project officer
· Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
· Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
· Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports
· Prepare coordination meetings and workshops materials
· Draft agendas, prepare correspondence, take minutes at coordination and project management level
· Meetings workshops and maintain attendance sheets
· Translate documents from Arabic to English and vice versa
· Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
· Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
· Immediately report all incidents to the project officer
· Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
· Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
· A university degree or equivalent in relevant field is required.
· Experience working within an international/local NGO is preferred.
· Understanding of the social, political and economic context of Al Dhalee.
· Good computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
· Good oral and written English skills.
· Ability to think independently and problem solve.
· Ability to interpret figures.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
How to Apply
· Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to
PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Project Assistant and rename your CV as First & Last name + Project Assistant.
· The closing date for applications is on
· Candidates from Aldhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply
· Females candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.